Avoiding vacancies and taxing

Avoiding vacancies and taxing

At the end of June last year, the Government proposed to impose a vacancy tax (hereinafter referred to as vacant tax) on new units that have been vacant for one year in the form of additional rates. Although the legislation has not yet entered the legislative process, the developers have actively sold their hands in the past year. The floor and the floor of the building. The Midland Real Estate Data and Research Centre’s comprehensive “First-hand Residential Property Sales Information Network" (hereinafter referred to as the First Hand Network) pointed out that in the first half of this year (as of June 25, the same below), a total of about 10,800 first-hand units were sold. The current building and the floor of the building account for about 55%, which is only about 37% higher than the proportion of similar properties in 2018 and about 18% higher.

Liu Jiahui, chief analyst of Midland Realty, said that about 10,800 new units were sold in the first half of the year, an increase of about 35% from nearly 8,000 in the same period last year, which was the implementation of the First-hand Residential Property Sales Regulations in April 2013. The volume of trading in the first half of the year was new.

Liu Jiahui said that developers actively promoted the surplus of goods, becoming one of the driving forces for the new sales in the first half of the year to break through 10,000. In the units sold in the past six months, the proportion of the goods at the end of the house (from the new disk sold in 2018 or before) is about 55%; while the last year of the sale of about 15,700 new units, the cargo tail unit (from 2017) Or the new discs that were previously sold) accounted for only 37%, and the remaining 63% were the real estates that were sold in the same year, reflecting the fact that developers are actively selling their tails.

In addition, the Q-room Hong Kong Data Research Center has shown that the sales of new discs from July last year to June this year are estimated to be about 19,300 huts, compared with the first year before the announcement of housing policies such as vacant taxes (2017 7) From June to June 2018, the new trading volume was about 16.39 million, up 17.8% year-on-year, the highest since the implementation of the first hand in April 2013.

According to Chen Kunxing, managing director of Q Fangwang Hong Kong, the proportion of the current cargo tail is only 7% this month, which is about 1.1 percentage points lower than the 8.1% in June last year. Developers are getting less and less pressure to clear their goods. He estimated that there will be about 30 new listings in the second half of this year, involving about 15,000 people. It is expected that the new market will remain busy in the second half of the year, and the first-hand trading is expected to maintain more than 10,000 people.